Porridge is a great start to the day. I only have it about twice a week for breakfast as I normally have a green smoothie on my way out of the door in the morning with my 2 children!
I actually love porridge any time of the day and you’ll sometimes catch me having it for dinner! I sometimes make a porridge bake in the oven which is so delicious.
- 2 tablespoons Oat Bran (by Mornflake) or you can use organic rolled oats
- 200ml plant based milk (almond or soya)
Combine the oats with the milk in a saucepan and simmer until the mixture turns creamy.
Serve with your chosen topping. See some suggestions below:
- berries and flaked almonds
- papaya and nut butter
- cinnamon and apple slices
- bee pollen and goji berries
- if you use frozen berries then add these while the porridge is cooking on the hob
- caramelised pears and walnuts
The topping possibilities are endless! Let me know what your favourite toppings are!x